Bandidos Yanquis

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Better late than never

Ola. I don´t know much more spanish than that, but it is coming slowly. This is my first entry, almost three weeks after we left Brandon. We spent a week with Kris and Tasha in Duluth, a week with Piet´s family in Nebraska, the weekend with his grandma in Oklahoma and then we spent a day and a half on the bus! It finally felt like we had started our trip. Some 4000 km from Brandon, in Torreon, MX, and I am having a great time. All you need here is a smile and a "buenas dias", with a little nod of the head for good measure. The people are very friendly. One of the most exciting things we´ve done is explore an abandoned gold and silver mine near the town of Mapimí. A 300m long, somewhat decrepit bridge spans a gorge 100m deep. We walked across and then took a zipline back to the other side. We also walked through the main shaft of the mine. In places there are 900m holes covered only by 2x6 planks. All we had for light were these ancient looking, open flame kerosene lanterns(I hope the video turns out). Anyway, wish I could describe our adventures with a bit more flare, but this is the best I can do. I know you all wish you were here. No? 'Til next time, adios.

1 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger C. Laliberte said...

Hey Boys! Have fun touring the southern Hemisphere. Great adventures await. Clayton, I sent you an email so have a look. Oh yeah, what does bandidos yanquis mean? Oh, and a little help for you both... Cuanto questa? means how much does it cost? and Donde es su dolor? means where does it hurt? (I use that one a lot, you might not;))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home